The home design trend of combining the indoors seamlessly with the outdoors continues to be in vogue and with a custom made Vergola, you can use your outdoor space in any weather, at any time of the year.
Vergolas, made from COLORBOND® steel, are a totally operable louvre roof system that really does ‘think’ for itself. The energy-efficient system has an innovative remote control unit and an optional rain sensor, which means the Vergola will close automatically if it starts to rain and it will open again when the rain stops.
There is a smoke alert sensor and there are also downlights available. So, why wait for the warmer weather to entertain when you can have a custom made COLORBOND® louvre system designed, built and installed in your home and enjoy the benefits of the original and world-first open/close, energy-efficient roof system?
A Vergola in the colour you choose from our palette can make your home more versatile and functional, acting as a screen and creating a comfortable space you can enjoy at any time and it will also add value to your home. Your Vergola roof can be custom built to any style whether gabled, flat or skillion and from single to multiple bays. Vergola can also be custom designed for small openings or larger spaces in both residential and commercial settings.
What is COLORBOND® Steel?
COLORBOND® panels are made using BlueScope® steel and are tested (and have been tested for the past 50 years) in the harshest conditions in Australia and have proven to be far more than just ‘painted steel’. The steel base meets Australian Standard AS1397, which ensures it holds to the highest quality standards of grades and finishes.
COLORBOND® products are base-coated with BlueScope’s globally patented and industry-leading metallic coating – Activate® technology – delivering unsurpassed anti-corrosion performance.
The process is as follows:
- Application of a thin layer of pre-treatment to enhance the adhesion of further coatings.
- Polyester primer is baked onto the steel surface.
- A top coat of exterior grade lead-free paint (which complies with Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS2728) is then baked onto the primed surface for enhanced peeling, chipping, and cracking resistance.
COLORBONDS®’s assessment program includes accelerated laboratory tests and the installation of more than 12,000 panels in the open, exposed to environments ranging from industrial to tropical locations, and moderate to severe marine environments across Australia.
Custom COLORBOND® Louvre Roofing
Our company has been in the business for the past 30 years, using BlueScope Steel’s COLORBOND® roofing material to manufacture and install opening/closing louvre systems that now grace more than 12,000 homes across Sydney and Northern NSW.
Our Vergola louvres, under flashings, and beam cappings are built from sturdy COLORBOND® steel which ensures all your custom COLORBOND® Louvres withstand even the harshest of weather conditions for years and years.
For COLORBOND® louvres that last, Vergola is the trusted outdoor roofing system to choose. You can custom design your COLORBOND® louvre system to fit different architectural design requirements, including choosing from many colour options and sizes to cover the outdoor areas you want.
Vergola uses longer-lasting, superior Australian-made BlueScope COLORBOND® steel roofing, which is the material of choice for the roofs of almost half of all new Australian homes and over 80 per cent of all Australian gutters.
Custom Designed COLORBOND® Louvre
A custom-designed, superior quality Vergola louvre system gives you total control, allowing you to let the sun, wind or rain in or out of your outdoor living space, depending on your needs. And if you’re not at home, you’re asleep, or you’re busy, then Vergola has a sensor – it can close the louvres at the first sign of any rain. The Vergola louvred roofing system is Australian-designed, manufactured, owned and operated, and our service is impeccable.
Our customers rave about their wonderful custom designed Vergola louvred roofs, and we have plenty of testimonials to prove how happy they are with the product, the installation and the service they received from our skilled technicians and office staff. There’s simply no other louvred roof system to compare with a Vergola.
The beautifully designed adjustable louvres allow just the right balance of light, shade and ventilation into your outdoor living space. The unique aerofoil wing shape, which has two skins, provides maximum insulation and your custom-designed COLORBOND® Vergola can be operated by remote control, allowing smooth movement of the louvres. Also, the controller can be connected to your home automation or fire systems.
The range of Vergola colours include:
- Classic Cream
- Shale Grey
- Woodland Grey
Vergola never offers discounts – like most premium brands, we trade on our quality and service, not our price – There’s a seven-year guarantee on structural components and a two-year warranty on manufactured parts and service. Also, Bluescope Steel offers Vergola NSW customers an extra guarantee on all COLORBOND® products.
Custom Made COLORBOND® Louvre
A custom made Vergola louvred roofing system will keep you warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Also, a stylish, luxury Vergola in colours that blend with your home can create an extra room outdoors which is perfect for entertaining, adding value to your property, making it a major attraction for potential home buyers.
Other benefits of a custom made Vergola louvred roof include:
- Our consultants consider the design of your home’s design, orientation (to make use of the sun’s movements) and any other building considerations.
- The Vergola frame and beam cappings offer a seamless attachment to dwellings.
- Our unique aerofoil wing shape plus the use of COLORBOND® steel creates a cavity airspace to deliver better insulation and strength.
- The louvres are angled to let direct sunlight in to make the space warm and protected.
- In Summer the louvres are angled in the opposite direction to reflect the sunlight for a shaded, ventilated and naturally lit ambience.
- During rain, the Vergola louvres close and overlap each other to create a protective cover.
- The louvres are installed with water clearance a priority – water is directed to the Vergola gutter that lines the inside of the system’s framework.
- The gutters then disperse the water to the closest point of clearance which is generally a downpipe from your property’s stormwater system.
The Vergola louvred roof is designed with double-skin louvre blades that ensures good thermal insulation from both sound and heat, as opposed to other single-skinned heat-conducting roofing materials such as aluminium. By using a range of architectural fittings and features we make sure Vergola systems fit within any exacting and contemporary architectural design and also combine seamlessly into period-style homes.
Vergola is the only roof louvre system to receive the Industrial Design Council of Australia’s ‘Prince Philip Prize for Australian Design’ and three Australian Design Council awards for innovation.
Custom Built COLORBOND® Louvre
Vergola is the original and the best open/close louvred roof solution on the market and we can custom build your system to suit your home and your needs. Unlike our competitors who use aluminium, our Vergolas are made with quality BlueScope COLORBOND® steel which offers better insulation and longevity. COLORBOND® is made from Zincalume steel with an aluminium/magnesium/zinc alloy coating that makes it stronger and longer-lasting than aluminium:
- The steel base meets the Australian Standards for strength and grade.
- The base is covered with BlueScope’s industry-leading metallic coating to further enhance its corrosion resistance.
- A thin pre-treatment coat is applied to help further coats adhere to the surface.
- A corrosion-inhibiting primer is baked onto the surface.
- A topcoat of specially-developed paint is then baked on to provide resistance to chips, flaking and blistering.
The Vergola louvred roofing system can be built to blend in with a wide range of different structures, including freestanding or as part of an existing building. We can arrange for one of our design consultants to visit your home and show you which custom-built Vergola will suit your needs and how adding a Vergola to your home will be of benefit. The consultant will prepare an initial design and quote for you to consider, which is the first step towards creating the outdoor living area of your dreams.