29 Jun 2020
Vergola’s Opening and Closing Louvre Roof Design Options
A Vergola opening and closing louvred roof system can be yours no matter how your home was designed and built. We can say that with confidence since we offer a broad range of custom-made options to suit any property design or requirement. We can design a Vergola to fit, whether you want to enhance the roofing on your existing outdoor space to blend in with the style of your house, or you want to add a new louvred roofing system.
Vergola is the original and best open/close roof system on the market.
We’ve installed more than 12,000 Vergolas in homes and businesses across Sydney and Northern New South Wales since 1988.
Vergola Roofs Tailored to Suit Your Home
We can build you a Vergola with tailor-made columns or with features that complement a Federation or period home, and we can even put one in an unusually shaped or small space. Whether you want a louvred roof for a patio, or existing pergola, a courtyard, verandah, or even a pool area, there’s a Vergola that will fit perfectly. The possibilities are many, and the options and service we offer our customers ensures a beautiful design and finish and smooth as silk functionality.
It’s Vergola’s superior design and quality, plus the exceptional customer service that makes our louvred roofing system preferable to other brands of opening roof systems time and again!
Vergola Roof Design Options
These are the design options for Vergola louvred roofing systems:
- Flat Roof – This is one of our most popular designs because it suits most houses. The Vergola frame is flat and the louvres have a one-degree fall to control water runoff. The posts and frame can be powder-coated steel or timber.
- Skillion Roof – A skillion roof is in effect a sloped roof design. The Vergola posts and frame are either powder-coated steel or timber.
- Box Frame – This Vergola design has a premium look and suits rendered brick houses. The posts can be brick render or textured board with an inner steel post.
- A-Frame – This Vergola A-frame design is two same-sized beams in a 45-degree or greater angle, attached at the apex.
- Curved Beam – If your house is designed with curved features, we can tailor your Vergola louvred roof to complement the style.
- Screens – A Vergola louvredroof screen can be installed vertically to give you privacy and perfectly match to your Vergola roofing system.
Vergola Louvred Roof Design and Operation
Vergolas are impressive, and one of the reasons is due to the design of the unique aerofoil wing shape of the louvres. This shape, plus the combination of the Colorbond steel used to manufacture them, creates an air pocket which delivers superb strength and insulation compared to other traditional open/close roofing systems.
The louvres are angled at the touch of a button on the remote control during the winter to allow the warmth of the sun to penetrate and create a comfortable, warm and protected area that you can use all year round. And in the summertime, just angle the louvres in the other direction to reflect the heat outside, creating a wonderfully ventilated, naturally lit, cool and shaded ambience.
As a bonus, during wet conditions, a rain sensor in your Vergola automatically closes the roof at the first drop. The louvres overlap, creating a waterproof cover so you can enjoy your outdoor space undisturbed. No need to run and grab the remote to close the louvres! Also, the louvres are designed with water clearance in mind. They direct rainwater to the Vergola guttering that lines the inner part of the system’s framework. The water then runs down the gutters and into your home’s stormwater system.